- More than £10,000 raised in Perennial's Go Green campaign so far September 16, 2014The Go Green for HortAid campaign has raised more than £10,000 for horticultural charity Perennial this month - with more to come.
- Forestry minister to visit APF forestry, trees and timber show on Thursday as suppliers line-up launches September 16, 2014Defra forestry minister Dan Rogerson will visit the APF forestry, trees and timber show this Thursday (18 September), it has been confirmed.
- Trade body representative raises questions over Scottish currency as vote looms September 16, 2014HTA Scotland representative Simon Fraser has made a last gasp plea for Scots to consider currency issues that may lie ahead if they vote for independence.
- New guide will help train future urban farmers September 16, 2014A new guide for organisations hoping to train the next generation of urban farmers was launched today (16 September) by the Mayor of London's food adviser Rosie Boycott.
- Boningale Nurseries has been appointed UK distributor for QuickHedge September 16, 2014QuickHedge, a Netherlands-based company, provides instant, mature hedging suitable for domestic and commercial landscaping projects.
- Wyevale Garden Centres appoints Morrisons executive to multi-channel role September 16, 2014Wyevale Garden Centres has appointed Tim Patten from Morrisons Supermarkets as multi-channel director.
- VG Biomass launches "plug and play" air blower system for garden centre heating September 16, 2014A "plug and play" biomass air blower heating system could save garden centres 30 per cent of the cost of their fossil fuel industrial heating systems, while benefiting, over 20 years, from an income of £170,000 via the government backed renewable heat incentive (RHI), supplier VG Biomass claims.
- Nordic Garden Buildings' Veranda Summerhouse scoops trade show "retailers choice" award September 16, 2014HTA chief executive Carol Paris has handed over the award for best new product at trade show Glee, as chosen by garden centre visitors at the event.
- Planning for maintenance fundamental to public green space, says Olympic Park project leader September 15, 2014Planning for maintenance and management of new public spaces is now "absolutely fundamental" to the design process, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park project leader Phil Askew says.
- Garden centre buyers look to make serious supplier changes at retail show Glee September 15, 2014Visitors and exhibitors at garden retail show Glee on Monday said the event had buyers looking to make serious supplier changes for the first time in years - with lots of choices on offer.
- More than £10,000 raised in Perennial's Go Green campaign so far September 16, 2014