- Felling of pine trees infected with Dothistroma blamed for flooding problems in northern Scotland October 26, 2014Forestry Commission Scotland has been blamed for exacerbating flooding where it has clear-felled pine forests infected with Dothistroma needle blight (DNB).
- Defra's refusal to award compensation for Russia import ban "a slap in the face" for UK growers October 25, 2014UK growers will not be eligible for compensation for the consequences of Russia's fresh produce imports ban, the government has confirmed.
- Green-tech supplies topsoil for £150m Gateshead development October 24, 2014Green-tech has supplied 1,400 bags of topsoil to a new £150m 'town centre' for Gateshead.
- "The Major" of Trebah Garden dies leaving lasting legacy in Cornwall landscape October 24, 2014The decorated war veteran who restored and revived Trebah Garden in Cornwall, Major James Hibbert, has died, aged 96.
- Allotments, BBQ area and fitness deck feature within James Corner's Battersea Power Station roof garden October 24, 2014Landscape architect James Corner has added allotments to his Battersea Power Station roof garden design.
- September saw garden centre sales rise led by hard landscaping October 24, 2014Outdoor living and landscaping helped garden centre sales last month.
- Blue Diamond expected to leaseTrelawney site as Wyevale Garden Centres purchases another October 24, 2014Trelawney Garden Centres is thought to be in talks to lease a centre to Blue Diamond and sell another to Wyevale Garden Centres.
- Online garden searches up 15 per cent to end of September finds joint BRC Google research October 24, 2014Home and garden searches have risen in the third quarter, with Yankee Candle the top garden centre product search.
- Westland rising stars announced October 24, 2014Five garden centres stars of the future have been revealed
- Suttons Seeds James Wong plant range to launch October 24, 2014A 14 plant range of unusual plants will be available from Suttons this spring.
- Felling of pine trees infected with Dothistroma blamed for flooding problems in northern Scotland October 26, 2014